Voice of the Northwestern Student Section!
The Wildside Executive Board will consist of up to eighteen (18) undergraduate students who will encourage school spirit and a sense of campus community while serving as a liaison to the Athletic Department. The positions of the Executive Board and their respective responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary liaison with athletics and any on-campus organizations
2. Responsible for the budget, ensuring that all other Board members fulfill their duties and raising an overall sense of awareness of NU athletics and school spirit
3. Responsible for working with the entire Board to put on at least two pep rally/cheer instruction events
4. Responsible for sending/approving listserv messages
5. Coordinate a student t-shirt design contest
6. If time permits: Responsible for working with the entire Board to execute one football and one basketball road trip
Communications Coordinator and Webmaster
1. Recruit Facebook members with help from the Spirit Committee
2. Responsible for sending Facebook messages
3. Maintain and keep the website updated
4. Maintain student database and those who opt-out of emails
5. Assist President with Special Events
Newsletter - 1 Coordinator and up to 2 Assistants
1. Produce a WILDinSIDEr newsletter before every home football and men's basketball game
2. Assist President with Special Events
Spirit Committee - Up to 12 Coordinators from North and South ends of campus
Represent your dorm, off-campus housing unit or Greek system.
1. Before every home football game (when classes are in session), each coordinator is to set-up a face painting location and a meeting location/time to board shuttles or walk to the game.
2. Before every home men's basketball game (when classes are in session), 1 rep. from the North and 1 rep. from the South is to set-up a meeting location/time to board shuttles or walk to the game and have face painting supplies at the game.
3. Assist President with Special Events
4. Set-up Fireside chats or other means of getting Wildcat coaches involved in dorm/campus activities.
The Board will meet monthly with the Athletic Department. All Board members will be invited to exclusive meals with head coaches, free travel on the student road trips and free Wildcat apparel.
Click here to apply