May 8, 2012
2012 NCAA East Regional Championships
Dates: Thursday, May 10-Saturday, May 12
Course: Penn State Blue Course • State College, Pa.
Course Info: Par-72, 6,253 yards
Format: 54 holes (18 holes each day)
Field (24 teams with seeds listed… Six individuals not on listed teams are also included in the field): Northwestern (15), Alabama (1), Arizona State (2), Duke (3), Texas A&M (4), Florida (5), Arizona (6), Oklahoma State (7), South Carolina (8), Michigan State (9), Washington (10), Texas (11), Tulane (12), UCF (13), Wake Forest (14), San Diego State (16), Kent State (17), Maryland (18), Augusta State (19), Campbell (20), Chattanooga (21), Oral Roberts (22), Jacksonville State (23), LIU Brooklyn (24)
Golfstat.com Live Scoring • NCAA Championships Program • NCAA Championships Record Book
Northwestern Season Stats • Northwestern Women's Golf Record Book
NCAA East Regional Tournament Central
EVANSTON, Ill. – Northwestern makes its 10th postseason appearance in school history this week as the ’Cats travel to State College, Pa., for NCAA East Regional competition. The 54-hole tournament runs from Thursday, May 10-Saturday, May 12 with 18 holes each day on the Penn State Blue Course (par-72, 6,253 yards). NU is making its third-straight trip to regional action and enters the tournament as the No. 15 seed in the 24-team field.
NU will tee off at 11 a.m. CT Thursday on hole No. 1 and will be paired with No. 13 UCF and No. 14 Wake Forest. The ’Cats are part of a highly-competitive East regional as nine teams are ranked in the top-25 in the latest Golfstat.com Women’s Rankings (May 9) and they include the following: No. 2 Alabama, No. 5 Arizona State, No. 8 Duke, No. 12 Texas A&M, No. 15 Florida, No. 18 Arizona, No. 20 Oklahoma State, No. 24 Michigan State and No. 25 South Carolina. A complete list of teams with seeds can be found above. The top eight teams and two individuals from each regional will advance to the 2012 NCAA Championships at the Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin, Tenn., from May 22-25.
The ’Cats have used a consistent lineup all season of senior Alex Lederhausen (Hinsdale, Ill./Hinsdale Central), junior Lauren Weaver (Scottsdale, Ariz./Cactus Shadows), sophomore Devon Brown (Rancho Santa Fe, Calif./Cathedral Catholic) and a pair of freshmen, who are playing in their first NCAA tournament, Hana Lee (Hacienda Heights, Calif./Wilson) and Brittany Mai (Poway, Calif./Poway). Head coach Emily Fletcher is expected to field the same group of five this week.
Northwestern has had a number of memorable moments throughout the 2011-12 season and looks to make a strong showing in the postseason. Below are a number of quick notes each individual.
• Two top-10 finishes on the season.
• Best finish of the season came in the form of a tie for fourth at the Dick McGuire Invitational … Scored a 219, which tied her career-low 54-hole score.
• Honored as Big Ten Golfer of the Week following her performance at the Dick McGuire Invitational.
• Led NU at the Lady Puerto Rico Classic, tying for ninth.
• Season scoring average of 76.71; career average of 77.04 (fifth in NU history).
• Tied for first at the Mountain View Collegiate in her home state of Arizona … Finished with a 7-under 209, one stroke off her program record of 208 set in 2011 … Had three rounds under par (69-71-79).
• Mountain View was the second first-place finish of her career (took first at 2011 Lady Northern Invitational).
• Scored just the fourth hole-in-one in school history at the Lady Buckeye Invitational.
• Team-leading nine rounds of par or better … Two rounds in the 60’s.
• Four top-20 finishes.
• Leads the team with 75.97 season scoring average … Continues to maintain the NU career scoring average at 75.36.
• Two top-10 finishes and four top-20 finishes on the year.
• Best finish was at Dale McNamara Invitational where she tied for fourth … Shot a 2-under 70 in the second round, which tied her career-low 18-hole score … 219 also tied career-low 54-hole score.
• Led NU at the 2011 Windy City Collegiate Classic, tying for 11th.
• Second on the team in scoring average at 76.19 … Career average of 76.60 is third in school history.
• One top-10 finish and three top-20 finishes.
• Tied for sixth at the Dale McNamara Invitational, her first collegiate competition.
• Led NU at the Central District Invitational and 2012 Big Ten Championships.
• Third on the team in scoring average at 76.55.
• Two top-20 finishes.
• Tied for 12th at the Lady Puerto Rico Classic.
• Tied for 15th at her first collegiate competition, the Dale McNamara Invitational … Shot a 2-under 70 in the third and final round.
• Finished amongst top-three NU competitors in three tournaments.
• Season scoring average of 77.23.
Be the first to know what's going on with the 'Cats -- Follow @NU_Sports on Twitter, become a fan of Northwestern Athletics on Facebook! and subscribe to the NU Sports Express e-newsletter to receive the latest news, schedule updates and video and to interact with NU. For more information on following specific Northwestern teams online, visit our Social Media page!