NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS

Official Store

    Vote Chris Ritter for Soccer News Net College Boot Award

    NUSPORTSDOTCOM Senior midfielder Chris Ritter is a finalist for the 2012 Soccer News Net College Boot Award.
    NUSPORTSDOTCOM
    Senior midfielder Chris Ritter is a finalist for the 2012 Soccer News Net College Boot Award.
    NUSPORTSDOTCOM

    Dec. 4, 2012

    Vote Ritter for 2012 Soccer News Net Men’s College Player of the Year

    EVANSTON, Ill. -- Northwestern senior midfielder Chris Ritter (Winnetka, Ill./New Trier) is a finalist for the 2012 Soccer News Net College Boot award and Northwestern fans can play a part in helping the Wildcat win the award!

    Ritter is one of 34 of the nation’s top men’s college soccer players nominated for the annual award and fans from across the country will be able to cast their vote from now until Dec. 22. Online fan voting will account for 40 percent of the total toward the award. The remaining 60 percent of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff.

    The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award. Click here to vote for Ritter!


     

     

    A mainstay in the midfield for the Wildcats during the 2012 season, Chris Ritter started all 18 regular-season matches and contributed on both offense and defense as a senior captain on this year's Big Ten championship squad. The Winnetka, Ill., native helped lead the Wildcats to the Sweet 16 of the 2012 NCAA Tournament, 13 victories and the second conference crown in as many years.

    The 2012 Big Ten Defender of the Year contributed to a Wildcat defense that only allowed three goals in regular-season conference play and posted a 0.45 goals-against average. On the other side of the ball, Ritter set career-highs in 2012, scoring five goals and adding five assists to finish the regular-season with 15 points. Ritter was a unanimous selection for first team All-Big Ten and is a two-time honoree after making the second team in 2011.

    For more information on the 2012 Soccer News Net College Boot, click here.

    ••••••

    Be the first to know what's going on with the 'Cats -- Follow @NU_Sports on Twitter, become a fan of Northwestern Athletics on Facebook, subscribe to the NU Sports Express e-newsletter and sign up to receive promotional text alerts for the latest news, schedule updates and video and to interact with NU. For more information on following specific Northwestern teams online, visit our Social Media page!