Nov. 17, 2010
ALLSTATE WRIGLEYVILLE CLASSIC GAMEDAY FAQs
When is the Game?
• November 20, 2010 at 2:35 p.m. CT. The game will be televised nationally by ESPNU.
When will I get my tickets?
• Tickets were mailed Mon, Nov. 8 -- Wed, Nov. 10 and will be ready to be picked up at Will Call starting Thursday, Nov. 11.
When will tickets at Will Call be ready to be picked up and how will I be notified?
• If you arranged to have your tickets held at Will Call, you may pick them up at the Ryan Field Ticket Office during normal business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) beginning Thursday, Nov. 11.
How were the tickets allocated and seating locations determined?
• The Athletic Department did its best to accommodate all requests. All seats were allocated based on priority points and availability. All tickets purchased for the Allstate Wrigleyville Classic are final. No refunds or exchanges.
Can I drop the tickets off for someone at will call?
• No. The NU Athletic Ticket office does not accept drop off or third party Will Call.
Can someone else pick up my tickets at Will Call for me?
• Yes, if the tickets are already in Will Call at the NU Ticket Office you can change the name by emailing email@example.com. Please provide your name, account #, address, and the name of the person picking up the tickets.
• Please remember that when picking up tickets at Will Call you must have photo ID
Will I have the opportunity to purchase parking through Northwestern for the game at Wrigley Field?
• No. However, parking operations for the Northwestern Allstate Wrigleyville Classic will be conducted in the same manner as a normal Wrigley Field baseball game.
Will there be transportation from Ryan Field to Wrigley Field?
• No. However, fans are welcome to park in the lots at Ryan Field for free and take the CTA "El" from the Central Street station to Wrigley Field. Please check the CTA weekend schedule for up-to-date travel times for Saturday, Nov. 20. Express trains between the Central Street Station and Addison Station will not be made available.
Will there be alcohol and full concessions at the game?
• Wrigley Field will operate concessions in the same manner it would for a baseball game.
How early will the gates and Will Call be open?
• Will call will open at 9 a.m. Gates will open two hours prior to kickoff. Game time is set for 2:35 p.m.
What Pregame Festivities are happening around Wrigley Field?
• Walk With Us
The Northwestern Football team will continue the tradition started in 2006, in memory of the late Randy Walker, when they arrive at Wrigley Field. The team will be riding the "El" from campus to the ballpark on the day of the game. Fans are encouraged to meet and welcome them at the Addison Street station at 11:45 a.m. Members of the Northwestern Band and Cheerleaders will be in attendance as well.
• Wildcat Way
Fans are encouraged to stop by Wildcat Way before and after the game. Located along Sheffield Avenue between Addison and Waveland, Wildcat Way is the place to meet up with friends and other Northwestern Alumni, grab food and drink, listen to bands, watch games from around the country on flat screen televisions and much more. Wildcat Way will open at 10 a.m. and close at 10 p.m.
• ESPN College Gameday
ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will be coming to our city this Saturday morning, broadcasting live from outside Wrigley Field prior to the Allstate Wrigleyville Classic. The popular ESPN college football preview show begins at 8 a.m. CT on ESPNU Saturday morning and continuing on ESPN at 9 a.m. Part of what adds to GameDay's popularity is the atmosphere generated by fans serving as a backdrop to the show's festivites. The show is open to the public as fans are encouraged to participate by showing their school spirit and displaying creative signs.
Am I able to purchase additional tickets for the game?
• The Allstate Wrigleyville Classic is officially sold out. There will be no tickets made available to the general public. No tickets will be available for sale on the day of the game.
What is the policy if I lost my tickets?
• Call the Northwestern athletic ticket office at 1-888-GO-PURPLE (467-8775). On the day of the game, go to Will Call at Gate F of Wrigley Field.
Where is Will Call located on the day of the Game?
• On the day of the game, Will Call will be located near Gate F at Wrigley Field. The ticket windows to the left of this entrance will be the Will Call location.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR THE ALLSTATE WRIGLEYVILLE CLASSIC
Allstate Wrigleyville Classic Directions to Wrigley: Click Here
Wrigley Field opens two hours before game time at 12:30 p.m.
Wrigley Field has four entrance gates.
• Gate D- On the corner of Sheffield Avenue and Addison Street.
• Gate F- WILL CALL: Behind home plate in the lower concourse adjacent to the corner of Clark and Addison Streets.
• Gate K- NORTHWESTERN AND ILLINOIS PLAYERGUEST GATE: In the northwest corner of the stadium at the corner of Seminary and Waveland Avenues, across from the fire station.
• Gate N- BLEACHER ENTRANCE: Located at the corner of Sheffield and Waveland Avenues.
Each gate has designated bag search lines anyone carrying items needing inspection. There will be express lines for those not carrying a bag or items that need to be inspected. All bags, purses and containers will be searched prior to entry. Large bags, luggage, inflatables such as balloons and beach balls, nets, noise makers, brooms, weapons, laser pointers, hard -- sided coolers, thermoses, cans and glass bottles are not permitted at any time. To ensure fan safety, the Cubs reserve the right to refuse admittance of any item deemed hazardous or suspicious. As for beverages, no glass bottles, plastic bottles or cans are permitted into Wrigley Field. Only those used for infant feedings will be allowed.
The following items may not be brought into the stadium:
• Aerosol Cans
• Alcoholic beverages
• Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled)
• Bags larger than 12″x12″x12″Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
• Bottles, cans, thermoses and other beverage containers
• Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches
• Chairs or seat cushions with arms or backs (other than those approved for persons with accessibility needs requirements) larger than 15″x15
• Clothing with profane or abusive language, obscene graphics, or material considered to be indecent by Stadium Management
• Coolers and ice chests
• Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of fans
• Illegal drugs and substances
• Inflatable devices (balloons, etc.)
• Laptop computers
• Large, professional style camera bags
• Laser pointer devices
• Monopods and tripods
• Radios or handheld TV's larger than pocketsized
• Strollers: Wrigley Field will provide a bag check for strollers
• Sticks or poles
• Video Cameras
• Weapons (knives, box cutters, firearms, etc.)
• Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by Stadium Management may be prohibited.
Visitors may not bring any food or drink items into the ballpark.
Banners and Signs
• The entry and display of banners and signs in Wrigley Field is permitted within certain guidelines to protect the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. The times of display are limited to before the game, between periods and after the game. Management reserves the right to confiscate banners/signs with an inappropriate message, causing a disturbance and/or obstructing sightlines. Banners/signs may never be mounted on sticks, wooden frames or any similar apparatus and may not be attached to any railings. Banners/signs may not be carried through the Club Box Aisles.
What about first aid stations?
• First aid is located on the first base side of the main concourse, across from the ramp leading to Aisle 22 to 28. Appropriate signage identifies this area. A physician and registered nurse are on hand for all games.
Is there a customer service center inside the park?
• The Customer Relations Office is located on the main concourse directly behind home plate. Appropriate signage identifies this area. This office will assist patrons with lost children, note customer remarks, handle emergency phone call registration, answer questions, etc. This office does not handle ticket problems. Patrons with ticket problems should seek out a Crowd Management Section Chief or Supervisor.
Are there any rules about fan behavior?
• Dress appropriately. Wrigley Field does not allow passouts. There is no re-entry on a ticket stub.
• Respect other guests' ability to enjoy the game. Loud or obnoxious fans could be asked to leave the ballpark if their behavior is deemed to be offensive to guests around them.
• Please do not bring balloons, beach balls, nets or laser pointers into Wrigley Field. These items are not permitted at any time.
• For the safety of all fans, do not interfere with the progress of the game or go onto the playing field.
• Please sit in your assigned seat and be prepared to show your ticket to an usher or ballpark supervisor upon request.
Is there re-entry into the game?
• There is no re-entry into Wrigley Field on a ticket stub.
Is there smoking at Wrigley Field?
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas of Wrigley Field.
Are tailgate parties allowed in Wrigley Field parking lots?
• Tailgate parties will not be allowed on any of the Chicago Cubs operated parking lots. The Chicago Police Department strictly enforces open alcohol container laws.