We're down here at the 2012 Big Ten Football Media Day, kicking off the season with Coach Fitz and our three player representatives: junior quarterback Kain Colter, senior offensive lineman Brian Mulroe and senior linebacker David Nwabuisi.
Our rotation begins at 11:20 when the three players meet with BTN, CBS and ESPN. Coach Fitz makes his first appearance at noon CT to address the assembled print media from the main podium; that 15-minute session will be aired live on BTN and possibly ESPNU. Following those sessions, the NU contingent will begin the local TV rotation at 12:30 p.m. CT. In that room, players and coaches sit for 15 minutes at each of five different podiums where media are assembled, rotating around the room to greet all five groups.
A couple of notes before we begin:
* Earlier this morning, we released our new 2012 Under Armour football jerseys. We will have artwork on hand for the media and are scheduled to have a physical jersey to display, as well.
* More media registered for this year's Big Ten Media Day than ever before, surpassing last season's record-breaking total.
* Northwestern student-radio WNUR 89.3 FM is here and will be broadcasting live from 2-4 p.m. CT. Several NU players are scheduled to join them in the 2 p.m. hour.
* For the first time this year, players and coaches will meet in a dedicated room
with ESPN.com to film video interviews and pieces for the web. Sirius/XM also
is part of the main rotation in the local TV room. Coach Fitz is scheduled tape an interview on Sirius/XM College Sports Nation (channel 91) at 1:45 p.m. CT.
* The three players arrived from campus around 10 a.m., using a staff hotel room
to meticulously get dressed. As Nwabuisi ironed his purple shirt, the trio
proclaimed they easily would be "the best dressed players here." Lots of pride in representing Northwestern!
For more updates as the day rolls along, stick to @NU_Sports on Twitter and this blog.