Since we have five freshman and five seniors this year, I figured we could get to know the oldest and youngest classes of NUFH a little bit better. Claire Thompson, Jaimie Orrico, Regan Mooney, Megan Jamieson and myself compose the senior class and Morgan Joffe, Babs Van de Mierop, Kirsty Crampton-Smith, Maddy Carpenter, and Mary Susan Bro are the freshies.
Senior Q: Favorite Memory Playing at Lakeside Field?
* A collection of memories that have allowed me to see, first-hand, how much our team has grown, improved, and risen in my four short years here. - Jaimie
* Playing in a child's size onesie at practice. - Claire
* Beating UVA this year - Regan
Q: If you could be any character on any TV Show, who would it be?
* Cookie Monster from Sesame Street- Maddy
* Olivia Benson from Law and Order SVU- Morgan and Regan
* Monica from Friends- Claire
* I watch too many shows to decide!- Megan
Freshman Q: What would you be doing if you weren't playing field hockey?
* Studying in Belgium and playing hockey with my old club team- Babs
* Trying out crazy sports like motocross, sailing, and playing a million intramurals- Morgan
* I don't know what normal people do with their time. I guess eating and sleeping a lot more- Maddy
Q: What is your favorite song on the warm up mix?
* The Circle of Life- Morgan
* No Hands- Mary Susan
* Allia Ola Oli- Babs
* Mr. Saxobeat- Jaimie
* Fantasy Remix- Regan
* Cinderella Man- Megan
Senior Q: If you could be doing anything next year, what would it be?
* Working for the US Olympic Committee- Megan
* Living in a new city with my friends and dog and have a fun job- Claire
* A lawyer without going to law school- Regan
Q: If the Big Ten could have one more field hockey team added, who would it be and why?
* Hawaii: so then we get to go there for a weekend every other season- Maddy
* Harvard: so then I can beat both of my good friends from England- Kirsty
* Purdue: my mom played field hockey there- Regan
Q: What is the greatest lesson you have learned in life?
* Butter is always better- Claire
* Fake it til you make it. Attitude is a huge determining factor in life- Jaimie
* Your mother is ALWAYS right- Kaylee
* Do what you love and love what you do- Mary Susan
* You are your own biggest fan and your own greatest critic- Morgan
* Never Say Never- Kirsty
* Anyone can be replaced- Maddy
We are opening up our Big Ten play at home Friday against Michigan (3 p.m.), so come out and support us! Until next time... Go 'Cats!!!
-- Kaylee Pohlmeyer